Ish Way Part 2

A while back I published a blog called "Ish Way." It was the way my 3 year old said "this way." However, when I spelled out how he said it, I saw an anagram for something bigger, something that could either be a blessing or a curse... "HIS WAY."
"I call Heaven and Earth to witness against you today: I place before you Life and Death, Blessing and Curse. Choose life so that you and your children will live. And love God, your God, listening obediently to him, firmly embracing him. Oh yes, he is life itself, a long life settled on the soil that God, your God, promised to give your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."-- Deuteronomy 30:18 - 20 (MSG)

"His way," "ish way," or "my way", when you boil it down, is ususally rebellion in disguise. Going off the path to do my own thing has cost me greatly. It has also cost others greatly. Take for example Timothy McVeigh the notorious Oklahoma City Bomber.

From an article on BBC.com on June 11, 2001..."Timothy McVeigh did not utter any last words or wishes before he was administered the lethal injection that killed him. Before his execution he did, however, deliver the prison warden a poem, Invictus, written in 1875 by the British poet William Ernest Henley......'Invictus' is the Latin word for unconquerable. "

Invictus --by William Ernest Henley 1875

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as a Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud,
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.


Chilling isn't it? Timothy McVeigh did it his way until the very end. He was "the captain of his soul." We were never meant to be the captains of our own souls. It's too hard, foolish, and ultimately ends in our demise. Tim McVeigh made a choice.

However, you have another choice. A choice to be blessed and to have everlasting life. A choice to let someone else guide you who knows the way. Someone who can be trusted. Someone whose ways are perfect so we don't have to be.

Someone who calls for you to lay your burdens down.You don't have to wait to get "cleaned up" and "get your act straight". Nothing we do is so evil that we cannot come back to him. He stepped out of heaven to rescue us. God is lovingly calling us back to his outstretched arms.
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me
and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." --Matthew 11:29 (MSG)
So you are probably thinking now..."Yes, I am tired. Yes, I feel worn out, burned out and utterly lost. BUT.... What can I do about it? I've tried everything.

Here's what you can do. It's easy, absolutely free, and you will be forever blessed.

1) Pray. Admit you need help. Ask Jesus into your heart. Now you are thinking, "Robin, I don't know how to pray"... Okay, just try this. Say it from your heart and mean it with every fiber of your being.
"Lord, I've done it my own way for too long. I don't have the energy to keep on being the captain of my own soul. Please, I need your help. Please come into my life and save me. I accept you, Jesus, as my savior. Make a believer and follower of the your ways out of me. Abide in me.
I love you. Amen
2) Now that you believe, find a Bible and start reading God's love letter to you. If you need one, leave me a comment, and I'll send one to you myself.

3) If you have a Christian friend, tell them what you have done and ask them to help guide you on the path. If I'm the only Jesus Freak you know is me, leave a comment or email me. I'll walk on the path with you. My email is robin_concept.events@yahoo.com .

I love you and so does Jesus. He's waiting for you.

Comments

  1. this was beautiful Robin. a very interesting thought. Sorry I am just now getting around to replying. I miss you and love you, and think of you very often. keep up the good work =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Biggest Loser, Ugly Truth, and Hope

Darkness and Ditches

Erector Sets--The Gift of Regifting