Candy Kisses and Tin Foil Promises
Why is it that people like candy kisses and Dove candies? Is it because the chocolate confections that are wrapped in tin foil offer messages of hope and love? What are better-- God’s promises or the ones that you get in the Dove candies? Aren’t God’s promises of Love and Hope much better and more reliable?
Here are my Top 11 favorite Promises from God to me and you.
1. For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.—John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)
2. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.—Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
3. If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.—Psalm 91: 9 – 12 (NIV)
4. Open up before God, keep nothing back; he'll do whatever needs to be done: He'll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon. –Psalm 37: 5 -6 (The Message)
5. Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.—Joshua 1:9 (Amplified Bible)
6. "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”—John 15: 5
7. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.—Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
8. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.—Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)
9. Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.—Proverbs 3:5 -6 (Amplified Bible)
10. But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." –Jeremiah 17: 7 – 8 (NIV)
11. These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.—Revelation 3: 7 (NIV)
P.S., From Robin to you.
I find that when I pray these promises earnestly back to God from my heart to His and expect an answer back that it is incredibly powerful and peace-giving. Use your own words to pray back to God your favorite promises. It is Ah-Mazing. Check it out….
Thank you for this day. The beauty you provide abounds around me. Thank you for all of your angels you send to surround me. I know you care for me because you care for the smallest of creatures, like the sparrows. You hold the key. What you open, no one can shut and what you shut no one can open. Show me the door that you are holding open for me. Be the lamp unto my feet. Show me the way that I should go because when I rely on my own insight I always go off the path. Your word is holy and true, Lord. I will patiently wait for you to answer.