Who Will Love Me For Me?

Several nights ago, the sound of a large animal attacking something outside my cabin woke me up.  Startled and scared, I turned on the porch light and looked out my window. From there, I could see Fat Puppy, my 110 lb. Malamute, going after something with a vengeance.  The noise was horible and viscious sounding.  Finally, she backed off, and I could see what she was attacking.  It was Todd.  He was road-weary, skinny, and oozy-eyed.   The wag from his tail was almost gone.  Something as scared and cold as he certainly couldn't wag his tail with it tucked beneath him and his head hung low.  For a beagle, Todd had lost his happy.`

It is common to see hunting dogs wandering around these parts unaccompanied.  Some folks just turn them out for the winter to roam and fend for themselves.  I call him Todd because that is all that is printed on his collar, "TODD HESS 349-2312". I figured that it would be easy to call the owner and reconnect Man and his best friend.  However, it seemed that it would not to be so.  I've called the number on the collar,  googled the name on the internet and looked it up in the local phone books.  There seems to be no trace of the person who owned this poor beast.

The next morning, I woke to a song in my head, "Who’ll love me for me? Not for what I have done or what I will become. Who will love me for me? ‘Cause nobody has shown me what love. What love really means."  Shaking out the song in my head, I started the coffee and introduced Hubby to the newest border to the Jones Family Ark.  After coffee, Hubby took Todd down to the dock with him. Todd sat while Hubby fished.  The report came back from the fishing expedition that Todd was a loving little fellow and since there was no owner to speak of that we could take him in and love him like our very own.

The next morning, I awoke to the same song in my head, but at a different spot in the lyric.  What I heard that morning was, "I will love you for you.  Not for what you have done or for what you will become. I will love you for you."  As I sat mulling over the words to the song, I read these words via a Bible Study discussion board from a sweet friend named Colleen, "...And when I jumped down to verse 17  [Exodus 33:17], the Lord says to Moses 'I know you by name.' We aren't just a 'number' or a random person to God..He knows us individually!"

Friends, just like Todd, you may be unnamed by the world, abandonded, lost, tired of being tired, beat up, hungry, thirsty, and diseased.  If you will lift your head and look, you will see Him and His marvelous light.  In the light, you will see that you are not random, but planned and ordained.  You will have His presence day and night.  You will be on the right path home. You will find rest. You will find food and water. You will find healing.  The search is over, your Master is calling your name. He loves you for you

Chew on This:

Listen to the lyrics in these songs and read God's words, let them wash over you.
What Love Really Means by JJ Heller

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine....you are precious and honored in my sight, and I love you."  Isaiah 43:1, 4 (NIV)

"For [you] are God's masterpiece. He has created [you] anew in Christ Jesus, so [you] can do the good things he planned for [you] long ago." Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Biggest Loser, Ugly Truth, and Hope

The Answer to Anxiety

Erector Sets--The Gift of Regifting