Heaven Scent

I strode through the freshly mopped living room with the fragrant scent of lavender in my nostrils.  "Ah, my husband will love this", I thought.  "Nice clean floor, fresh clean scent.  I'll hop in the shower so Hubby will come home to a clean house and a clean bride."

I started the shower.  The heat and mist from created a fine fog that rose to the bathroom ceiling.  As I stood there watching it, I could hear a verse playing in my head. 

"And when he [the Lamb] had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people."  (Revelation 5:8 NIV 2010)

Enjoying the heat of the shower, I closed my eyes.  The verse meandered through my mind again and stopped on the last part..."they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people."  My eyes flashed open as my heart fully understood. 

My prayers, your prayers, our prayers are pleasing aroma to Jesus!  Our broken, contrite hearts sing to him and as a song rises up to heaven in a mist.  They are a sweet smelling offering to our Lord.  What is more is that my physical act of preparing my house and myself for my hubby to come home is the same act of spiritual worship that the Lord desires.  He desires that his Bride (that is us, the church together as a unified body) be clean, pure, and prepared for his return. 

That revelation about Revelation really excites me. Why do you ask?  Number one is that our prayers are not bouncing off of the sky.  That our sincere prayers are presented to the King of Kings as treasure.  He hears us when we pray and he enjoys it!   Number two is that he didn't just leave us down here to fend for ourselves.  As excited as I get when I know my Hubby is coming home, I get even more excited thinking about Jesus' return.  Our Lord is that faithful Husband who remember us, loves us, provides for us, and who will return to us to sweep us off of our feet. 

Chew on this:
Do you get excited when you think of Jesus' return?   
Do you believe that God hears your prayers?
"God does things when we pray that he doesn't do when we don't pray."--Pastor Keith Moore

Verses to Remember:
"May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice". (Ps 141:2 NIV)

"When they [the wisemen] saw the star, they were thrilled with ecstatic joy.  And on going into the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then opening their treasure bags, they presented to Him gifts--gold and frankincense and myrrh."  (Matt. 2:10 - 11 Amp)

"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. "  (Revelation 19:6 -8 NIV 2010)
Consider the words to these songs:

"Father Can You Hear Me Now?" sung by Tiffany Evans in "Diary of a Mad Black Woman"

"People Get Ready Jesus is Coming" sung by Crystal Lewis

Comments

  1. Robin, this is absolutely beautiful. Better understanding is mine also after reading this post. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love it, love it, love it! You've got a gift for writing sister :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, Bday twin. The solitude of the forest (or maybe its the coffee shop) suits your writing well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Biggest Loser, Ugly Truth, and Hope

The Answer to Anxiety

Erector Sets--The Gift of Regifting