Jesus Loves the Little Children

 
My son asked me about orphans today. "What is an orphan, Mamma?"

"Gabriel, You know. You tell me. What is an orphan?"

"Someone whose Mommy and Daddy was killed. Mommy if I was an orphan nobody would take care of me." , he responded.

"Well, what does Jesus tell us to do with widows and orphans?"

No answer...silence...crickets...

I went on, "Gabriel, Jesus tells us to help orphans, to take them in and love them. I know two people who love orphans and are looking for a little child who needs a mommy and daddy."

"Really?"

 "Yes, their names are Adam and Colleen."

"What do they look like? Are they tall?"

"Yes, they are tall and thin and very loving. They are going to adopt a boy or girl and name them Noah or Hope."

"I think they should name the girl, Olivia."

 "Well, no, it will be Noah if it is a boy and Hope if it is a girl."

 "Okay. I guess."

 "Do you want to pray for Adam and Colleen to find Hope and Noah?"

"Yes. Okay...you start."
_______________________________________Epilogue_____________________________________________
After our short spiritual lesson and sweet child-like prayer,  Hope was born.  Colleen and Adam were there two hours after and brought her home a week later. The miracle they longed for was here.

There are so many children around the world who are waiting.  Calling to us from their beds, "Mommy, Daddy, please come."  It is just like Gabriel said. 

Perhaps they are in foster care right now in the States.  Perhaps they are in an orphanage in Moldova.  Perhaps they are too old for foster care or an orphanage and are on the streets.

The sad truth is that if we don't reach out, the kids "age out" of those situations at 18 in the States, in some places overseas at 15.  Once they have to leave, children find themselves in hopeless situations: homeless, drug addicted, trafficked, and/or in prison.
We have to do something, folks. Jesus implores us.  My Jesus tells me whatever I have done to the least of these I have done to HIM.  What are we waiting for?

Let's foster. Let's sponsor.  Let's GO!  Organizations like Children's Hope Chest will put you in touch with what Jesus is calling you to do.  Engage via social mediaSponsor a child Go on a mission trip.

What is Jesus asking you to do?  I know what Jesus is asking of me and my hubby. He's asked us to Peck a Fight on this issue.  How about you?
 

Chew on this:

 
Matthew 19:13 -14 (NIV)
Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
 
The child is the beauty of God present in the world"~ Mother Teresa

 Ponder the words to these songs:

"Kings and Queens" by Audio Adrenaline

"Children of God" by Third Day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Biggest Loser, Ugly Truth, and Hope

Darkness and Ditches

Erector Sets--The Gift of Regifting