Darkness and Ditches






The woods were ominous and the path was barely visible before sunrise. 


Thinking to myself,  "I will just stay in the middle of the cart path."

However, when you are in complete darkness, you cannot account for the drift of the roadway.

Darkness surrounding me, deviation from the plan and path was imperceptible until I rolled my ankle and landed in the ditch.


"Mother-shut-yer-mouth!" My favorite non-curse word curse word issued out of my mouth.

Befuddled as to how my plan had failed and belly crawling out of the ditch through God-knows-what kind of leaves, briers, and slimy things, I made it back to the path.


Talking to myself, "Robin, you dummy. Amateur mistake number one. You came out here without a head lamp. Of course you fell into the ditch, you didn't have a light."






This is the story of my life. A journey from darkness and ditches to Sonrise and surety.


Points to Ponder:

Where are you in your life journey right now?  
Did you bring a light or are you walking around in darkness?



Verses to Ponder:
There are two states: Choosing to walk  in darkness  and choosing to walk in the light.

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.  Ephesians 4:17 - 18 NIV 

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 NIV


Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.  Psalm 119:105 NIV



Comments

  1. Thanks, Mom C. Stay tuned fornthe next installment...Metanoia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom C. Stay tuned fornthe next installment...Metanoia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Biggest Loser, Ugly Truth, and Hope

Erector Sets--The Gift of Regifting